Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My latest report

Okay, so at the end of my last blog post I said that they showed some Argentine guy's game instead of Venus Williams, just because he was from Argentina -- but he turned out to be the U.S. Open Champion! As I've walked past some stores I've seen tennis rackets advertised by mentioning Del Potro's name. Before the finals started, I thought that Federer (who's number one in the world) would beat Del Potro in three sets, because Del Potro is only sixth. After Del Potro lost the first set, I didn't change my mind. Then after he won the second set, I was happy, but I still thought that Federer was going to win. Federer won the third set and I thought it was over. But Del Potro won the fourth set. By the fifth set, I was not sure who was going to win. Then I had to go to bed. When Del Potro had won 5 games in the last set, and Federer had won only 2, I was allowed to come out to watch and see if Del Potro would win. Federer got the next 3 points to make it a deuce, and then they hit it back and forth and Del Potro got the advantage. Then on the last point they were hitting it back and forth but Del Potro made Federer hit it out, and we were so happy that Del Potro won.

Apart from that, sorry I haven't been blogging lately, I guess I've just been too busy. A lot of the time we go to the park, which is one of the few places in Buenos Aires that has grass. The only thing we don't like about the park is that there is a ton of dog poop in it, even in the part that has signs all over saying "no dogs allowed." One of the most common things that they sell on the street are huge tennis balls, which aren't too expensive. We got one, and that is the ball we use when we play at the park. We play spud and soccer a lot with that ball. We also play two square.
Talking about lunch in school, every person thinks that the food we bring is weird. The food that they thought was the most weird was when we brought in guacamole. People crowded around and asked us what it is, and they just stared at it. They thought it looked disgusting, but when they tried it, they liked it. They had never ever heard of it before. Everyone thought that was so weird. Today (Tuesday) we brought in some raw green beans, and to our surprise, no one knew what they were! We let people try them, and before they ate them, they were looking at them and examining them. They did eat them and they liked them too.

That's all for now. I'll try to blog more this week.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't get to see del Potro's victory, but I did get to see Federer's amazing victory over Djokovic in the semi-finals. Now we'll have to wait and see if delPotro can keep up this level of play.
    Funny that you are introducing your schoolmates to all these new foods. Have they introduced you to any new foods that you hadn't tried before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I've been watching your blog for some comments about THIS year, 5770, since del Potro is by now last year's news! From a certain blog called dulcedelecheargentina I've learned that your esfuerzo en la escuela es excelente! Go, Jonah! You're a champ according to my judgment! We missed you around here at Rosh Hashanah, but I know you've had a very interesting time, and will remember it for many years to come.........besos y abrazos, Bubby

    ReplyDelete