Tuesday, September 29, 2009

First playdate!!!


So I had my first playdate on Sunday!!! We didn't invite them over, they invited us over...to our house. As you can see from the picture, we had a good time. He is one of my good friends at school that I see a lot even though he is in fifth grade. His name is Matias. Along with him came his sister Celeste, who happens to be good friends with both me and Aviva. They also brought along (we didn't even know they would) their little sister Antonela. Antonela is more or less close to Ruthie's age (she is in second grade) so they played together, Matias is in fifth grade so he played with me, and Celeste is in my class in fourth grade, and she is ten, but only older than Aviva by a tiny bit. We played some things all together, including using modeling clay, and then we sort of split up into three groups, so it became everyone with their best friend. Matias and I had a good time playing marbles, and Matias is one of the best marbles players so it was fun playing with him (even though I was doing better than him).

It seems that they don't want to invite us to their house. Anyway, I find that reasonable because they have seven brothers and sisters. They are pretty much mine and Aviva's best friends in school. They invited themselves to come back later this week, and I'm happy about that but it would be fun to see what their house is like also. One of my other good friends in school also invited me over but we don't have an official plan yet.

Today in Ruthie's school was her birthday party. We left early from our school to go set up for the birthday. The way it works in the kindergarten is that you bring balloons and goodie bags for everyone, and you also bring a cake and soda and usually a snack like potato chips. The kids seem to like it, except they are used to store-bought cake with a ton of frosting and words, so no one ate the cake that my mom made, which was actually very tasty.

2 comments:

  1. It seems that this week is going pretty well! Good!! Muy bien! I was glad about Matias and his two siblings coming to visit you at your house. That's a playdate, I know. Sometimes, Zadi and I invite ourselves to your house too (either in Amherst or in Buenos Aires), and we're glad to have a playdate that's self-invited! I guess Matias feels the same way.

    Yesterday, Zadi and I traveled to Maryland and saw some pretty towns where we had never been. Today we visited a special National Wildlife Preserve called Blackwater, where they are very proud of their eagles. We're glad we were there, even though we did not see any eagles. My favorite bird there is the great blue heron! I'll write more about the trip, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like everyone had a good time. I'm sure they were happy to visit with you - could you imagine living with SEVEN brothers and sisters?!?! I want you to teach me how to play marbles when I come visit. Shabbat shalom and jag sameaj!!

    ReplyDelete